Sep 262022
My first craft fair!

In the past couple of years, I have made and sold quite a few of my origami earrings online. This has been a fairly easy job for me, since I could make the earrings I wanted and put them up for sale when I wanted to. There was no pressure and it helped me make more and more complex earrings. This year, for the first time, I got a couple of opportunities to be a part of [Continued..]

Jun 242022
Paper Jewelry

If you are wondering if I have abandoned the blog, well, that isn’t happening any time soon! But I haven’t been making a lot of origami per se. More of origami jewelry and experimenting with paper – what paper to use for what, size – what size is good for adults/children, design – what design is easy to work on and so on and on. And the result of those experiments are the earrings and [Continued..]

Mar 142021
Akira Yoshizawa's 101st Birthday

A few days back I read a joke that 90% of people using, use it to check if their internet connection is working and only the remaining 10% use it for searching! Well, it looks like most people I know were busy checking their internet connections today, cos I have got endless messages, pings, calls informing me that today is Akira Yoshizawa’s birthday, thanks to the Google doodle today I have got suggestions on [Continued..]

Butterfly Tato

 Holders, Origami  No Responses »
Jan 282020

If you have tried out the traditional tato and would like to try more of them, you should give this butterfly tato a go. This is an extension of the traditional tato and is designed by Marcela Brina. I liked using paper with print on one side and a solid colour on the other. Single sided or dual coloured paper also works fine. Model Details: Model: Butterfly Tato Creator: Marcela Brina Creator’s Website: Artis Bellus Classification: Origami | Holder Difficulty Level: High [Continued..]

Sep 112019
Week 01 (Day 06): Traditional Butterfly

What would butterfly week be without the traditional butterfly? These butterflies are again, easy to make and would be good as a little something on the wall I think. Small size is the key. Paper size 3-4 inches is good. Model Details: Model: Traditional Butterfly Origin: Traditional Classification: Origami | Butterflies Difficulty Level: Simple Paper Ratio: Square Paper Size: 3 inch Instructions: Dave’s Origami Emporium