As promised in my post on the simple bookmark, here is the tutorial.
Click on the image for a bigger and more readable version
1. Use a square piece of paper about 2-3 inches in size. You can try out a bigger square also, but I think it results in a bookmark that is just a tad too big..
2. Place with the white side facing you and fold along the diagonal to form a triangle. Place it such that the longer end of the triangle is near you.
3. Fold the two ends of the nearer edge to the third end.
5. Fold the third end to the opposite edge of the triangle. Fold only the top layer.
6. Unfold the crease made on the diagonal. Fold as in Step 5 for the bottom layer.
7. Refold the diagonal.
8. Refold Step 3.
9. Now, step 7 would have resulted in a pocket. Tuck the two ends of Step 8 into this pocket.
10. And you are done Make as many bookmarks as needed, I found them quite useful!.